How our Site Works – Privacy and Cookies
The information on this page helps explain how our site works.
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used on this web site.
E-mail to Golden Comet Staff: When site visitors send an e-mail to a department or staff person, the e-mail may or may not be saved for future reference, and may or may not be forwarded to third parties.
How can cookies make your surfing experience convenient?
Cookies make it easier to gather information about the web surfing history of a visitor and provide a better user experience. In this short film, you’ll see what cookies are.
Our website uses 2 cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer.
- Analytical purposes – they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily. Read more about the individual analytical cookies we use and how to recognise them below
- Your preferences – to remember the way you like to view our website
List of 1st party cookies
name – information
- __utma – Google Analytics
- __utmb – Google Analytics
- __utmc – Google Analytics
- __utmz – Google Analytics
These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
This site uses “implied consent”. Implied consent is where by the you have visited our website, move from one page to another or clicking on a particular button. When taking this action it is accepted you are agreeing to cookies being set.
How can I control my cookies?
You can use your web browser (eg Internet Explorer) to:
- delete all cookies
- block all cookies
- allow all cookies
- block third-party cookies
- clear all cookies when you close the browser
- open a ‘private browsing’ session
- install add-ons and plug-ins to extend broswer functionality
Browser – Where to find information about controlling cookies
- Internet Explorer – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- Chrome – https://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en-GB/more/privacy.html
- Firefox – http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Clear%20Recent%20History
- Safari – http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera – http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/